* The student applies critical-thinking skills to organize and use information acquired from a variety of sources including electronic technology.
* support a point of view on a social studies issue or event;
* The student communicates in written, oral, and visual forms.
* transfer information from one medium to another, including written to visual and statistical to written or visual, using computer software as appropriate.
1. Warmup, we'll watch 2 videos from last year to get a feel for how to do the project:
A video with an upbeat message that explains what Earth Day is all about.
A powerful video that shows the damage that child abuse can produce.
2. I will collect any Student Surveys ~ with parent signatures. If they are not turned in today they will be a zero. You can turn it in for a 50 late, and you can bring it up to an 85 by coming to tutoring on Thursday.
3. Remainder of the period to work with laptops in groups. I will collect proposals on the projects and make decisions on what groups will be doing what video projects.
Rough Draft of the paper is due next Tuesday in class.