Quote of the Day: "The king must die so that the country may live." - Maximilien Robespierre
* Understand how the Estates General functioned. Why was it so unfair to the majority of the people?
* What did the Declaration of the Rights of Man do for revolutionary France?
* What characters emerge in the revolution? Who are (Louis XVI, Marie, Robespierre, Marat, Charlotte Corday)
1. Simulation vote of the 3 estates. 2 students are in the 1st estate (clergy), 2 students are in the 2nd estate (nobility), the remainder of the class is the 3rd estate (everyone else). We will vote on who will bring Mr. Duez breakfast or lunch on Monday. Of course, most classes will figure out that if the 1st two estates vote together, the third never really has a vote.
2. The French Revolution Video. We'll cover the storming of the Bastille, Marat's newspaper, "Let them eat cake!", the guillotine, and the assassination of Louis XVI.
Students are answering the questions on the movie. On Monday we will finish the video and review the characters of the revolution. On Tuesday we'll discuss Napoleon. Wed/Thu is the test on Ch. 17 and 18. We will review before the test.