Quote of the Day: "Terror is only justice: prompt, severe and inflexible; it is then an emanation of virtue; it is less a distinct principle than a natural consequence of the general principle of democracy, applied to the most pressing wants of the country." - Maximilien Robespierre
Pictured below - The Execution of Robespierre:
* Is violence to achieve liberty and justice justifiable?
* Explain the "Reign of Terror" and the "Great Terror"
* is Napoleon "The Revolution?"
1. Review the important characters of the revolution (Louis, Marie, Robespierre, Marat, Danton, Corday, Napoleon)
2. Video - continue "The French Revolution"
3. Answer ?s from the handout on the video