- Erich Maria Remarque, All Quiet On The Western Front, Ch. 5
* The assassination of Archduke Ferdinand set off a chain of events that lead up to WWI.
* The Schlieffen Plan is Germany's attempt to win the war quickly by creating a 2 front war with Russia in the east and France to the west. Schlieffen plans to quickly invade France and take Paris by moving through Belgium.
1. Notes from Chapter 23 - "The spark that lights the powder keg." - The Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand. Also we'll discuss the Schlieffen Plan.
2. Present Projects for the remainder of the period. Students are taking notes and reflecting on each of the projects.
Homework due Monday
Quiz is Tuesday