Quote of the Day: "The only thing we have to fear is... fear itself." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt
* List the causes of the Great Depression.
* How does FDR deal with the economic problems in the United States?
* What elements lead to the rise of dictators like Adolf Hitler?
* What is the response to the rise of dictators by the United States and Europe?
1) Pass back the WWI DBQ. Discuss how it was graded and performance. Students can rewrite it in tutoring starting on Thursday.
2) Notes - Chapter 24. The Great Depression and the New Deal
3) Finish scene from Seabiscuit - Quickwrite: "Can you imagine your parents giving you up at the age of 16 because they can no longer afford to keep you?"
4) If time, introduce Adolf Hitler.
On Wed/Thu we will watch 2 documentaries about leaders during WWII era.
On Friday we'll see a documentary about Leni Riefenstahl.
Homework Questions due on Mon. May 10th
Poetry is due on Tue. May 11th
Quiz will be Wed/Thu May 12th and 13th
Career Project Essay and Resume due on Monday, May 17th
Test for Chapter 24 and 26 is Friday, May 21st (DBQ Also due that day)