Quote of the Day: "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." - Mahatma Gandhi
* Understand the steps involved in the "Dynastic Cycle"
* Explain the transformation between the Qin and Han Dynasties. How did the Han differ from the Qin?
* Understand the geography of Japan and how it influences the culture and tradition of the country.
We will watch and discuss CNN Student News today. This is a sad time in our country because of the terrible tragedy in Arizona.
1. Collect Human Rights Packet. Discuss the agenda for the week - Tue - Homework, Wed/Thu - Quiz, Friday - Test Chapters 3, 8, 16, & 22 China & Japan.
2. Review the "Dynastic Cycle" and finish Ch. 3 & 8 China with the Silk Road, Han Dynasty and the Great Wall of China. Can you see the Great Wall from space?
3. Introduce Japan from Chapter 3 and 8. We will focus on the geography of Japan and how it impacts the life and culture there.
If you want to practice for the vocabulary quiz on Wed/Thu, here is some help: