* The student applies critical-thinking skills to organize and use information acquired from a variety of sources including electronic technology.
* support a point of view on a social studies issue or event;
* The student communicates in written, oral, and visual forms.
* transfer information from one medium to another, including written to visual and statistical to written or visual, using computer software as appropriate.
1. Students will receive the handout: Pericles Funeral Oration. Read it. Annotate the text. Come prepared for class on Friday with questions regarding the reading. We will do a Socratic Seminar discussion with laptops and the website: Edmodo.com for Friday.
2. We will discuss the video "Athens Subway" from yesterday.
3. Time on the laptops to research the project. We will focus on the video portion today and Wed/Thu
4. Hand in rough drafts for research paper for Video Project:
A. At least 1 page Rough Draft itself is worth 60 pointsOn Wed/Thu we will look at how to do a Socratic Seminar, Get a checklist for the video in the Video Project, Mr. Duez will show tips and tricks on how to create the videos, and have time to research in class on the laptops. It will be our last day of research in class on the project.
B. Thesis Underlined is 20 points
C. At least 5 sources in MLA format is 20 points