* Napoleon formed a new government, the consulate, in which he held absolute power. In 1802 he was crowned emperor and signed a peace treaty with Russia, Great Britain, and Austria.
* At home, he made peace with the Catholic Church and created a functioning bureaucracy. His Napoleonic Code preserved many of the rights gained in the revolution.
* By 1807, Napoleon had created a French empire. In parts of the empire, Napoleon sought to spread the revolution. However, his invasions had contributed to the spread of nationalism as well.
1. Review the questions from the French Revolution Video. Be sure that everyone has the correct answers.
2. Introduce Napoleon & notes
3. Video from Chapter 18 - Napoleon. 10 min look at his life.
Review for the test next time.
What should you do to prepare for the test?
1. Read Ch. 17 Section 1 & 2.
2. Read all of Chapter 18 (including Napoleon)
3. Review your notes from class and the blog.
4. Review the questions and answers from the French Revolution video from class.