Isn't it aMAYzing that it is already May? One month to go folks! Sprint to the finish.
Quote of the Day: Reporter: Bob Johnson, Boston Globe. Two days ago, we ran a story about you giving your relief money back. Can you tell our readers why?
Jim Braddock: I believe we live in a great country, a country that's great enough to help a man financially when he's in trouble. But lately, I've had some good fortune, and I'm back in the black. And I just thought I should return it.
* Why did the League of Nations fail?
* List the causes of the Great Depression.
* What were the elements that led to the rise of dictators in European countries like Germany and Itally?
1. Notes - Chapter 24 - The Roaring Twenties & The Great Depression.
2. View 5 minutes from the movie Seabiscuit and trailers from Seabiscuit and Cinderella Man. Students will answer this for an exit ticket: "What was the nature of life in America during the Great Depression?"