Quote of the Day: "The unexamined life is NOT worth living." - Socrates
* Understand the importance and roles of the Ancient Greece philosophers and educators and their impact on life today.
* Develop a thesis for the question: "Where would you rather live? Athens or Sparta?"
* Appreciate the brilliance and dominance of the life of Alexander the Great. Determine the impact of the spread of Hellenistic ideas to the eastern world.
1. Develop thesis to the essay question for the test: "Where would you rather live? Athens or Sparta?" (Remember to include culture, education, military, government, standard of living and your personal preferences. Also keep in mind that this question is essentially a compare/contrast question where you are choosing one side or the other. There is no 'right side' to choose. The best answer is the one that is supported best by the facts and information surrounding the two city-states)
2. Notes - Philosophy and Education - Part III (Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Herodotus, Thucydides, etc.)
3. Alexander the Great - video by Mr. Duez (10 minutes). Take notes and understand the contributions of Alexander to the spread of Greek ideas world wide.
TEST NEXT TIME.
Project Essay is due on Monday, Oct. 26th.
Mr. Duez will be out of class next time. We will watch the Real Story of the 300 Spartans.