* Who was Rosa Parks? What issue did she protest? How did her efforts help the civil rights movement in America?
* Who was Martin Luther King, Jr.? What was his role in helping Rosa Parks?
1. Students will watch the video "Mighty Times: The Rosa Parks Story"
2. Students will take notes and write a summary at the end of the video. They should focus on the question: "How has Rosa Parks and the efforts of people like Martin Luther King, Jr., changed my life?"
3. Next class, we will discuss the video and prepare for the timed writing next Wednesday over the question - "How has Rosa Parks, MLK, and the Civil Rights Movement Changed Your Life?"