Aidan on Easter, "This is awesome.Way better than Halloween. You get candy and don't have 2 walk to houses!" The mind of a 5 yr old.
* Competition over trade and colonies led to the formation of two rival European alliances—the Triple Entente of Great Britain,
, and France ; and the Triple Alliance, consisting of Russia , Germany , and Austria-Hungary Italy.
* Strikes and violent actions by Socialist labor movements also threatened European governments. Many states responded with increasing militarism.
* The assassination of the heir to the throne of
by a Bosnian Serb militant set off a chain of diplomatic and military decisions that led all of the great powers of Austria-Hungary Europe into World War I.
1. Intro to WWI - Chapter 23 (pass out CH. 23 Targets)
2. Notes on Chapter 23 - "Path to War"
Tomorrow the project product is due. We will start presenting them after 10-15 minutes of notes on WWI.